- "Pete's Tune" - Extended Play Boys - Extended Play Boys [Beet]
- "Sheelin Side" - Colin Farrell - On The Move [Colin Farrell]
New cd from the Colin Farrell who subbed for Sean Smyth back in March for the 3/25 Jefferson Theater Lunasa/Dervish show
- "Chip Of A Star" - Chatham County Line - IV
Appearing at the Southern, C'ville tonight
- "Birmingham Jail" - Chatham County Line - IV
- "Meadows of Dan" - Bill Evans` - Plays Banjo [Mighty Fine]
Playing at Rapunzel's, Lovingston tonight. Gene Mills and Barry Lawson also playing.
- "Corey's Slide" - Bill Evans - Plays Banjo [Mighty Fine]
- "To Jimmy" - Gene Mills - Waiting for Rain [Heart Pine]
- "Fisherman's Island/The Kerry Reel" - Pat Egan & Alex Caton - Fiddle tunes and Ballads [Self]
Brand new cd from Pat & Alex
- "Pink" - Pat Egan & Alex Caton - Fiddle tunes & Ballads [Self]
- "The Song Is Ended" - Danny Knicely, Nate Leath, Aimee Curl, Bert Carlson - The Melody Lingers On [Self]
Bert Carlson appearing tonight with Jennifer Kirkland at Cville Coffee
- "I've Got A Right To Sing The Blues" - Danny Knicely, Nate Leath, Aimee Curl, Bert Carlson - The Melody Lingers On [Self]
- "Up this hill and down" - Claire Lynch - New Day [Rounder]
Claire Lynch appearing at Mockingbird, Staunton this evening
- "If Wishes were horses" - Claire Lynch - Silver and gold [Rounder]
- "I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome Too" - Wayfaring Strangers - Shifting Sands Of Time [Rounder]
Best Tim O'Brien recorded vocal ever, in this DJ's opinion.
- "Working On A Building" - Wayfaring Strangers - Shifting Sands Of Time [Rounder]
Tracey Bonham on vocals.
- "Lady of the Lake" - Eric Merrill - Clifftop - Best of 2005 [WVDCH]
Live recording from the fiddle competition at the Appalachian String Band Festival.
- "If I Lose/The Western Star" - Eric Merrill - The Western Star [Self]
- "Hardanger Reels" - Colin Farrell - On The Move [Colin Farrell]
- "Soho South" - Colin Farrell - On The Move [Colin Farrell]
- "Hip Agus Hop / The Roaring Bar Maid"- Micheal McGoldrick-Fused [Compass] Micheal McGoldrick produced Colin Farrell's cd & was the original flute player for Lunasa
- "Vicksburg Stomp" - Hot Tuna - Steady as she goes [Red House]
Brand new cd from Hot Tuna, their first in 20 years!
- wtju folk dept
- written by members of WTJU Charlottesville's folk department with stuff maybe of interest to listeners to the station. This blog is not an official WTJU or UVA website. Want to leave a message about any of our programs (or us in general) that we can broadcast over the air? Call 434-218-3655, and leave a voice mail.