- "Pete's tune" - Extended play Boys - Extended Play Boys [Beet]
- "Three thin dimes" - Danny Knicely, Nate Leath, Aimee Danny Knicely, Nate Leath, Aime - The melody lingers on[Self]
New cd from these talented VA musicians. More later in the show
- "Lame Sonore" - Musical Saw/Natalia Paruz/Musical Saw - Playing on the Edge [Self]
Wonderful unusual sounds from Musical Saw Player Natalia Paruz. More later in the show
- "Can't catch me" - The Hackensaw Boys - The Old Sound Of Music - EP [Self]
New one from the Hackensaws
- "The Maid of Amsterdam(Paul Clayton)" - Paul Clayton - Sailing And Whaling Songs Of The 19th Century [Legacy International]
Former Brown's cove resident recorded these songs in his home state of Massachusetts when he has a teenager
- "Lady Frankiln's Lament(Paul Clayton)" - Paul Clayton - Sailing And Whaling Songs Of The 19th Century [Legacy International]
- "Cedar mountainBreakdown" - Paul Clayton - Dulcimer Songs and Solos
Cedar Mountain overlooks Brown's Cove in Albemarle County
- "Springhill disaster (1961)" - Bill Clifton - Around the world to Poor Valley [Bear Family]
Bill Clifton was a contemporary of Paul Clayton. They cowrote this song.
- "Burglar Man(1954)" - Bill Clifton - Around the world to Poor Valley [Bear Family]
This song was recorded by Bill Clifton and the Dixie Mountain boys. Paul played in the band prior to this recording
- "Who's gonna buy you ribbons(" - Paul Clayton - 45Rpm Single [Monument]
The song that Paul Clayton wrote after hearing an earlier traditional ballad version by Mary Bird McAllister
- "Don't think twice it's alright" - Bob Dylan - The Wittmark Demos 1962-1964 [Columbia Legacy]
the song that Dylan wrote after hearing Paul's song
- "John Henry" - Pink Anderson - Gospel Blues & Street Songs
Paul Clayton recorded Pink Anderson in 1950 in Charlottesville, after Pink's many years of relative obscurity following his only other recordings in 1928. Pink was immortalized in the band name Pink Floyd
- "He's in the jailhouse now" - Pink Anderson - Gospel Blues & Street Songs
- "Ryestraw" - Lunasa - La Nua [Self]
Lunasa & Dervish will be appearing at the Jefferson theater, Charlottesville on fri 3/25. Woo hoo!
- "Josefin's waltz" - Dervish - At the end of the day [Kells Music]
- "Changes" - Natalia Paruz/Musical Saw - Playing on the Edge [Self]
More Musical saw music
- "A simple goodbye" - Natalia Paruz/Musical Saw - Playing on the Edge [Self]
- "Bright size life" - Danny Knicely, Nate Leath, AimeeDanny Knicely, Nate Leath, Aimee - The melody lingers on [Self]
Pat Metheney cover....
- wtju folk dept
- written by members of WTJU Charlottesville's folk department with stuff maybe of interest to listeners to the station. This blog is not an official WTJU or UVA website. Want to leave a message about any of our programs (or us in general) that we can broadcast over the air? Call 434-218-3655, and leave a voice mail.