- "Pete's Tune" - Extended Play Boys - Extended Play Boys [Beet]
- "The Starting Gate" - Planxty - Live 2004
- "BRIMS" - LIVE IN THE STUDIO
The Blue Ridge Irish Music School will be holding it's annual fundraiser & silent auction this evening at Cville Coffee in Charlottesville
- "Pink" - Alex Caton & Pat Egan - Demo Cd [Self]
- "ON MY WAY" - THE TWANGTOWN PARAMOURS - THE TWANGTOWN PARAMOURS
Appearing at Rapunzel's in Lovingston VA this evening
- "Queen & the Soldier" - Dervish - Travelling Show [Whirling Discs]
Appearing at the Jefferson theater,C'ville next friday, 3/25 with Lunasa. Click on 'Queen & the Soldier' to go to the benefit concert website.
- "Arthur McBride" - Planxty - Live 2004
- "Gabriel Bol Deng Interview"
Gabriel Bol Deng is the founder of 'Hope for Ariang', the beneficiary of the concert at the Jefferson theater next friday, 3/25, with Lunasa & Dervish. Click on 'Gabriel Bol Deng Interview' to go to the website for the benefit concert.
- "Sligo Live Concert: The Cat she went a-Hunting" - Dervish - From Stage To Stage [Whirling Discs]
- "Molly And Johnny" - Dervish - Live In Palma [Disc 1] [Whirling Discs]
- "Lunasa" - Live recording from Sunset Road 9/12/08
- "Cavan Potholes" - Dónal Lunny - Journey : The Best of Donal Lunny [Disc 1] [Rounder]
- "Mackerel and Tatties: Becks Verandah/Perth Reel/Mackerel and Tat" - Michael McGoldrick - Aurora [Compass]
- "Downtown" - Moving Hearts - Live In Dublin [Compass]
- "The Hill Of Thieves" - Cara Dillon - Hill of Thieves
- "The King's Shilling" - Karan Casey - The Winds Begin To Sing [Shanachie]
Happy belated St Patrick's Day, y'all!
- wtju folk dept
- written by members of WTJU Charlottesville's folk department with stuff maybe of interest to listeners to the station. This blog is not an official WTJU or UVA website. Want to leave a message about any of our programs (or us in general) that we can broadcast over the air? Call 434-218-3655, and leave a voice mail.