- "Pete's Tune" - Extended Play Boys - Extended Play Boys [Beet]
- "Old Dangerfield" - Darol Anger And The American Fiddle Ensemble - Republic Of Strings [Compass]
- "Help Me / vocals by Laurie Lewis" - Darol Anger And The American Fiddle Ensemble - Republic Of Strings[Compass]
- "Free Man in Paris" - Adrienne Young - Room To Grow [Addie Belle]
- "Have You Seen My Chicken?" - The Sweetback Sisters - Chicken Ain't Chicken [Signature sounds]
playing at Jammin Java, Vienna on w 10/13, & th 10/14 at Mockingbird, Stauton
- "My Uncle Used To Love Me But She Died" - The Sweetback Sisters - Chicken Ain't Chicken [Signature sounds]
- "Down In The Swamp" - David Grier & Chris Thile - Live from The Prism Coffee House 11/3/00 [Live Recording]
Chris Thile w Punch Bros appearing at the Limekiln, Lexington f 9/24 & at Watermelon Park Festival, Berryville s 9/25
- "Rye Whiskey" - Punch Bros feat Chris Thile - Antifogmatic [Nonesuch]
- "Smithland Farm" - Jane Rothfield - I fiddle, they banjo [Self]
Appearing with her band Red Hen on Atlantic Weekly Pt 1 here on WTJU on sat 9/25, at CFOOT (Pete Vigour's studio) W Main Charlottesville on 9/25 in the evening, and at the Greenwood Contradance sun 9/26.
- "War And Pizza" - Jane Rothfield - I fiddle, they banjo [Self]
- "Hell Up Coal Holler" - Old Sledge - EP [Self]
Appearing at the Southern on f 10/1, and , hopefully, here on Sunset Rd beforehand the same evening.
- "Home By The Sea" - Old Sledge - EP [Self]
- "Yew Piney Mountain, My Mama Always Talked To Me" - Albemarle Ramblers - Gentlemen From Virginia [Self]
Nice new old time cd from Pete Vigour, Dick Harrington &
- "Otto Wood The Bandit" - Albemarle Ramblers - Gentlemen From Virginia [Self]
- "New Orleans" - Scuffletown - Another Sundown [Self]
Scuffletown will be playing a benefit for David Bailey at Cville Coffee tomorrow evening. David's long diagnosed brain cancer has returned and he is in Hospice of the Piedmont. Our thoughts go out to you, David.
- "So Alive" - David Bailey - Two to see [Self]
- "Superstition" - Old School Freight Train - Run [Acoustic Disc]
Catch OSFT's Jesse Harper & Darrel Muller together with Andy Thacker, Adam Larrabee & guests playing 80's pop hits as Love Canon most wednesdays at The Southern, Charlottesville. They are also playing (as is an Old School Freight Train reunion) at The Festy Experience at Devil's Backbone Brewery in Nelson County VA oct 9th & 10th
- "Memphis" - Jesse Harper - And His Best Intentions [Self]
- "The Fiddle" - Annbjørg Lien - Waltz With Me [Compass]
Bruce Molsky on vocals. Bruce will also be at the Watermelon Park Festival, Berryville, sat 9/25.
- "Big Shoe" - Bill Frisell - The Willies [Nonesuch]
- "Satellite" - Bill Frisell & Petra Haden - Petra Haden And Bill Frisell [True North]
- "The Dingle Berries" - Lunasa - The story so far [Compass]
Lunasa wiill be at the Richmond Folk Festival 10/9/10
- "Volcanic Jig" - Natalie MacMaster - Yours Truly [Compass]
Natalie MacMaster will be at the Paramount Theater 12/11/10
- wtju folk dept
- written by members of WTJU Charlottesville's folk department with stuff maybe of interest to listeners to the station. This blog is not an official WTJU or UVA website. Want to leave a message about any of our programs (or us in general) that we can broadcast over the air? Call 434-218-3655, and leave a voice mail.